FERMENTED FRUITS IS MOVING - http://www.vinodafrutta.com

Fermented Fruits is moving to our own little patch of real estate within the HTBWMedia.com / BaronVonInternet.com community of Information and Community based websites and blogs. Our brand spanking new URL is http://www.vinodafrutta.com The site is still under construction but the receipe's are in the background waiting to be published with a brand new recipe for YEAST FREE Strawberry Mead. Yup, tried and tested without adding ANY Yeast. So this means the Strawberry Mead will taste as it should, pure and natural. The fermenting process is taking a little longer, however the NATURAL yeasts from the Strawberries is currently vigorously reproducing so we should see some nice results WITH PICTURES, shortly. Oh ya, the new site also has the ability for approved members to post their own blogs, recipe books, articles and participate in the community Wine / Mead making Forum. So if you enjoy the art of fermenting fruits, join the community at http://www.vinodafrutta.com I'd love to chat. Drop me a note there if you have any questions. Cheers Heinz
Free Wine & Mead Making Tips, Tricks and Community

Club Dubya - My new Online Community

Check out Club Dubya. My newest experiment in "Social Networking" Call me Naive, but I would like to create a non-corporate online community with an emphasis on the word "Community" Maybe I'll even stick in a Wine making section if there is enough interest. It is still being worked on, but feel free to drop in and say Hi. There is already a few members and we are growing.

www.clubdubya.com

Pass it on Eh!

Club Dubya - Don't Harsh My Mellow Eh!

CONSUMER INFORMATION

CONSUMER INFORMATION
Make CENT$ of it all

Followers

Your Ad Here

Monday, March 2, 2009

Black and Blue Berry Mead

I was at Costco about a week ago and ran into these jugs of Blueberry juice and figured why not. So I bought 4 litres and had at 'er. Since my previous batches of blackberry Mead used more of a concentrated juice and this was nowhere near as dense I figured I would add in some of my frozen blackberry juice.

Her is the recipe

4 litres Blueberry juice (I used RW Knudson)
1.5 litres Frozen Blackberry concentrate
1 Litre of bottled water
1 Litre (Approx) Honey
1 Package 1118 yeast
1 Tsp Yeast Nutrient

Starting Specific Gravity
Approx 1.080
Innoculated
9:15 AM PST on March 3, 2009

As a side note, I also had a little bit of Acai / Blueberry juice left over which I couldn't drink because it gave me the plops so I added that as well (Approx 1/2 litre)

I stopped the batch when it reached 1.010 which was at 8:15 AM PST on March 6th, 2009 so that would make it almost 71 Hours. I did the usual heating pasteurizing process and set it to cool for the day before sticking it in the secondary jugs with airlocks. I also added Sparkeloid to the batch just after I put it in the secondary. Not exactly typical practice but I wanted to get the yeast out of there.



----------------------------------------------------

Racking # 1 - March 30, 2009

I decided to rack this puppy at the same time as I put the next batch into the secondary. Less mess that way. The clarity was quite impressive for a first racking, I guess that could be attributed to the sparkeloid. Taste is fairly smooth and still abit of residual sweetness. Since there isn't really any yeast left, that will probably stay.

After racking, I put in some more sparkeloid and let it sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. In order to prevent spam all comments are moderated. Once approved, your comments will be posted.